Word of the Day Copy 1-4
Mesopotamia-Located in what is today Iraq & Syria; earliest human civilization began here.
ziggurat-center of city life; these were massive structures built by the Sumerians; at the top was a temple
polytheism-belief in many gods
cuneiform– a wedge shape system of writing invented by the Sumerians
Class Starter Copy the following questions.
- What does Mesopotamia mean?
- Name the 2 rivers that Mesopotamia is located between?
- Identify 4 Sumerian innovations (inventions)?
- Describe a ziggurat?
- Did slavery exist in Ancient Mesopotamia?
- Who held the highest position after the King?
- Discuss their religion.
- What was the job of a scribe?
- What kind of taxes did people pay?