Star Of David
All Jews are forced to wear the Star of David emblem in public and are then targeted for discrimination.
Themes: Discrimination, History, War, Disrespect, Dignity, Humanity, Hate, Holocaust, Cruelty, Humiliation, Racism, Ridicule, Oppression, Inhumanity, Bigotry, Intimidation, Nazi, World War 2
Miep Gies, one the Dutch citizens who hid Anne Frank, inspires the students with her powerful testimony and words of encouragement
Class Starter. Copy & paste the following questions to your penzu journal. Find the answers in the Jr. Scholastic magazine article starts on page. 8.
1. What is the primary language in India?
2. What do cows symbolize (mean) to Hindus?
3. What 4 major religions were born in India?
4. Which of these religions is the largest in India today?
5. What are some superstitions people of India have? (p. 10)
6. What are 2 inventions of ancient India?
7. Why was the Taj Mahal built?
8. Define monsoons.
9. When does monsoon season start and end?
10. What is the capital city of India?
11. Which countries border India?
Class Starter Use the textbook to define the following Ch. 1 terms
- prehistory (p. 4)
- radiocarbon dating (p. 5 paragraph 2)
- Finish Jane Goodall video
- Create online flashcards for Ch 1 terms at http://www.examtime.com or write definitions on paper.
- HW US Culture Questionnaire
- Study for Ch. 1 Vocabulary test Wed.